Insurance coverage is essential to meet up with any financial urgency. Moreover, health policies avail several benefits, and it is available with various and affordable premium cost.
Obamacare coverageintends to provide quality health insurance at an affordable cost. Former US President Barrack Obama passed the particular law in 2014, and the implementation of such law benefits the citizens to a greater extent.
Inclusions Of Obamacare:
According to ACA, the particular insurance plan must allow the parents to include their children up to 26. The following are the essential services that include in the insurance coverage provided for the children of families. The services include
- Preventive and wellness checkups that include management of chronic disease
- Maternity and neonatal care
- Mental health care and behavioral health care treatment
- Services that include specialized devices to care for injuries, disabilities, and even chronic conditions
- The service includes lab tests
- The coverage includes Pediatric care
- Prescribed drugs
- Outpatient care
- Emergency room services in critical conditions
- Offers benefits during hospitalization
All these services are notable, and Obamacare coverage avails all these benefits exclusively for US citizens.
The Taxes Of Obamacare:
There are specific taxes that apply for Obamacare coverage, and it is crucial to know about the applicable taxes for a better understanding of the insurance policy.
When the individual makes money more than $200,000 per year or even $250,000 and above, the taxes are increased from 2013 for married couples, health care providers, and other health-related businesses.
When the business owner includes more than 50 employees, the business owner must provide insurance to at least 95% of full-time employees. Otherwise, the business owner needs to pay the fine or penalty.
It is crucial to enroll in Obamacare coverage during OEP or Obamacare Open Enrollment Period. If not, the individual is not capable of purchasing ACA complaint coverage unless or until the individual experience the qualifying factors such as
- Loss of job or no employment
- When moving to a new coverage area
- During a birth of a child
- A loss in the existing coverage
- Family events or occasions that include marriage, divorce, or death
The individuals can contact the e-Health to know more about the available choices in short-term plans that can provide the coverage the individual needs until the next OEP period.
The Positive Aspects Of The Coverage:
Obamacare includes specific positive facts, which are crucial for every individual. The facts include
- More individuals are obtaining health benefits under the coverage
- The cost of coverage is affordable for more people
- People with pre-existing health conditions are denied this particular coverage
- There is no time limit to exist on this particular care
- More screenings are covered under the particular coverage
- The cost of prescribed drugs is less in this coverage
All these positive aspects of the coverage benefit individuals to a greater extent.
Preventive Care Benefits For Children:
Obamacare coverage offers preventive care benefits for children, and it includes
- Autism screening for children between 18 months and 2 years old
- Depression screening begins at the age of 12
- Lead screening remains crucial for children who are at risk of exposure.
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Vision screening
- Regular well-baby and well-child visits
The Preventive Care Benefits Of Adults Include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm, one-time screening for men who have the habit of constant smoking
- Colorectal cancer screening for adults between the age group of 45-75
- Lung cancer screening for adults between the age group of 50-80 who are at a high risk of smoking
- Statin-preventive medication for adults from the age group of 40-75 who are the high risk of stroke and heart attack
Preventive Care Benefits For Women:
- Birth control plans
- Supplying folic acid supplements to pregnant women
- Maternal depression screening for mothers during baby visits
- Bone density screening for women under the age group of 65 and for women who underwent menopause
- Breast cancer mammography screening for women
- Well-women visits at regular intervals
All these are the preventive care benefits of the specific health coverage plan.
Health plans or health insurance plans are essential as they offer timely help in treating several health conditions. Some of the treatment procedures are expensive, and with the help of such insurance policies, any individual can overcome their financial need.
Hence, every family must apply for health insurance coverage to get all the essential benefits.